[libreplanet-discuss] Liberating software as corporate social responsibi

From: Manuel Palomo Duarte
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Liberating software as corporate social responsibility
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 00:17:14 +0200

Hello everybody.

This is my first post to this list, sorry if my English is not very good.

I just wanted to share with you a scientific paper that makes a study on how the contributions to free software projects from companies can be considered as part of their corporate social responsibility.

We all know that there can be many reasons for a company to liberate software they have programmed (see "The Magic Cauldron" for example). But this proposed perspective could be interesting to foster these liberation plans. Of course accurately measuring the actual value of the software programmed remains an open issue ...

The paper is named "Sustainability and social responsibility reporting in open source software". It is available as Open Access in the journal site. I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.thecommonsjournal.org/index.php/ijc/article/view/503

Kind regards
--
Prof. Manuel Palomo Duarte, PhD
Software Process Improvement and Formal Methods group (SPI&FM).

Aviso legal: Este mensaje (incluyendo los ficheros adjuntos) puede contener información confidencial, dirigida a un destinatario y objetivo específico. Si usted no es el destinatario del mismo le pido disculpas, y le pido que elimine este correo, evitando cualquier divulgación, copia o distribución de su contenido, así como desarrollar o ejecutar cualquier acción basada en el mismo.
--
Legal Notice: This message (including the attached files) contains confidential information, directed to a specific addressee and objective. In case you are not the addressee of the same, I apologize. And I ask you to delete this mail, and not to resend, copy or distribute its content, as well as develop or execute any action based on the same.