Re: [libreplanet-discuss] secushare + gnunet

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] secushare + gnunet
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 06:48:23 +0000

On 2016-06-01(11:19:40PM-0400), IngeGNUe wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> Free the airwaves!
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks for the kind and supportive words for SecuShare!
> >
> > My guess is that this is because public relations are slow.
> > When I joined SecuShare, I did not find it through http, I found it because
> > I discovered the older protocol (psyc1, SecuShare uses PSYC2 which is
> > nothing
> > like psyc1) and started talking and discussing about goals and ideas I
> > had been trying to solve in the years before.
> > One thing lead to another and since then "improving website of gnunet.org
> > and
> > secushare.org" were on my todo list, but this is low priority as I mainly
> > package software, work on my own ideas etc.
> >
> > At least for SecuShare a rewrite of the website (landing page) is now on
> > someones todo list which is not my own. Once this part is fixed it can get
> > the treatment it should get, like gnunet.org: rewrite it to separate into
> > users + developers in terms of information amount, language, items
> > available,
> > explanations, etc.
> >
> > I mean, SecuShare is not unknown, developers are on conferences regulary[0],
> > ideas are flowing, a working prototype is getting ready, and with the
> > (sadly)
> > small number of people working on it I don't blame anyone for not fixing up
> > the
> > homepage to be more informative for users and developers.
> >
> > Some sources I found useful in the beginning in addition to the papers
> > of GNUnet are:
> > https://gnunet.org/internetistschuld (talk from 2013)
> > http://youbroketheinternet.org/ can be one more source, although it is not
> > directly connected to SecuShare or GNUnet it can be useful for further
> > resources.
> >
> > If you want to know more and like to get involved, feel free to join for
> > discussion,
> > questions, etc:
> >
> > psyc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/@welcome
> > irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/welcome
> > psyc://psyced.org/@welcome
> > https://psyced.org:33333/PSYC/
> > irc://psyced.org/welcome
> > xmpp:*welcome@psyced.org
> >
> > Or send a Bitmessage to BM-NB7xa9gEpmJgYp9PVnEdACiZcGmmEJcY.
> >
> > You might bring a little patience, as answers can be delayed due to
> > time, space, penguins, potatoes and mostly because people are not
> > 24/7 available.
> > But fear not, psyced (the chat server) can give you a backlog with
> > `+hist $number`
> > or
> > `/hist $number`
> > depending on the client you use (replace $number with a real number)
> >

> > [0]: eg 32C3: https://fossil.net2o.de/32c3/doc/trunk/wiki/32c3.md
> >
> > thanks,
> > --
> > ♥Ⓐ ng0
> > 4096R/13212A27975AF07677A29F7002A296150C201823
> >

> Thanks for the info! Putting it on my todo list to get PSYC'd working.

No problem! You could checkout the secushare-spec repository to look at
the current state and what needs to be done.

> Is there any way I can donate, or is it too early in the process? The
> Flattr link is broken. I can wait... Sending good vibes to this project
> meanwhile. :)

Thanks for the info, I forwarded the flattr problem.

As far as I know donations can be made through WauHolland and GNUnet eV:
https://www.wauland.de/en/ https://gnunet.org/ev

I am not aware how their donations work, but there should be a chance to
express where donations go to, as WauHolland and GNUnet were used before
as I was told, so addressing SecuShare should be possible.

If you have more questions and psyced (xmpp, irc, telnet,..) is not your thing,
I could answer questions here, and relay some further info back and forth,
although it's generally easier to use the official communication channels.