Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Readability with gnu.org

From: Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Readability with gnu.org
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 03:05:46 +0100

El 19 de agosto de 2016 02:39:22 GMT+01:00, Mike Gerwitz <mtg@gnu.org> escribió:
>On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 19:01:30 +0100, amunizp wrote:
>> Using fennec for Android (found in f-droid). The readability button
>us not offered.
>> Is this meant to be?
>
>Websites don't dictate the availability of that mode---it guesses the
>best it can based on content.  Unless Fennec is doing something special
>that Firefox is not.

I get the same on desktop firefox running on Ubuntu. I don't think fennec
f-droid is doing anything special.
So changing the content markup(?) of the website just so that readability can
guess better is  a big overhaul, right?

>Fennec isn't available in F-Droid anymore, is it?  I don't see it in
>the
>repository.  In any case, make sure that it is a fork of a version of
>Firefox that supports that mode.

Yes, it is still here:
Fennec F-Droid (Web browser) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid
it works with Libreplanet and other wiki media sites as well as pages like
stackoverflow.

>If you have concerns, feel free to e-mail webmasters@gnu.org.

OK. Not concern, maybe a feature request.

--
Andres (he/him/his)
RichmondMakerlabs.uk