Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

From: Christopher Waid
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:14:46 -0400

On 2016-08-25 10:19 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
On 26.08.2016 04:03, André Silva wrote:
Hi guys, i let you know that our url about EOMA68 news has been changed
[0] to fix misleading information there too.

[0]:https://www.parabola.nu/news/new-ryf-seeking-hardware-crowdfunding-project-with-parabola-pre-installed/

That's a good thing. Oh, but you missed something. At the bottom of the
news I read:

"EOMA68 - libre software, libre hardware, and eco-friendly too!"
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2016-06/msg00208.html

IMO, you shouldn't link to that discussion which right from the subject
starts with the "libre hardware" lie.

It's NOT a lie. It's a crowding funding campaign explaining what we are doing. It hasn't been released yet. It's not technically incorrect to call it libre just because it hasn't been released yet.