Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Aseprite is now proprietary software

From: IngeGNUe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Aseprite is now proprietary software
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 02:11:37 -0400

On 09/05/2016 01:00 AM, jadedml@openmailbox.org wrote:
> I agree completely. The only way for free culture and software to be
> profitable is by making supporting developers as easy as possible. When you
> make donations easy, they're more likely to happen. Right now there are too
> many hoops and different methods used.
> Perhaps GNU Taler could be used in the future for one-click donations?
>
> On September 4, 2016 6:10:54 PM CDT, Adonay Felipe Nogueira
> <adfeno@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> I read the text made by Aseprite developer, and I also agree with all
>> points raised there and here also.
>>
>> Perhaps it's time for us to start thinking on that payment system
>> envisioned by Richard Stallman? (the one where you could click a button
>> on the software to donate to the project associated with it). Of
>> course,
>> Stallman suggested it for non-functional works, but we can perhaps work
>> to implement this also for functional works.

+1 to both.

Case in point: Bitcoin is supposed to be an easy way to donate, but
getting one's hands on Bitcoins requires jumping a bunch of hurdles if
one doesn't know the right people. Not sure whether the conversion rates
have stablized or not, but the fluctuations there also present a problem.

Since PayEnemy is kind of a last resort, it sure would be awesome to
have an easy way to donate to developers.