[libreplanet-discuss] Petition addressed to the European Parliament conc

From: C.W. Epema
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Petition addressed to the European Parliament concerning Free software
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 00:26:31 +0000

Dear member list subscribers of Libre Planet,

"To prevent software multinational domination , devices should be sold without operating system in the EU. A buyer should be free to select an operating system, based on arguments like price, functionality, freedom, privacy, performance and stability."

This is the introduction text to a new petition that will be handed over next year (july 2017) to the European Parliament.

At this point only 239 persons signed the petition. The petition is active for over two months.

I think we need much more signees to impress members of the EP.
So my request to you is to sign the petition, if you agree anyway, and find other people to sign the petition as well.

The link to the petition is at:
https://petities.nl/petitions/computers-moeten-zonder-besturingssysteem-worden-verkocht?locale=en

Thanks in advance!
Kees Epema