Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Freedom friendly online survey software?

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Freedom friendly online survey software?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:57:40 -0800

On 02/21/2017 11:26 AM, John Sullivan wrote:
> Pen-Yuan Hsing <penyuanhsing@gmail.com> writes:

>>> http://directory.fsf.org/wiki?search=survey&title=Special%3ASearch has
>>> some, but not all of these; would be great to see if the rest should be
>>> added.
>>>
>>> -john
>>
>> Thanks John, I have submitted new entries for all of them to the Free
>> Software Directory. But it is the first time I've done this, so please
>> tell me if I got something wrong!
>
> That's great, thanks! Every Friday we have an IRC meeting[0] in #fsf on
> irc.freenode.org focused on improving the Directory and its entries
> (everyone is welcome) -- that's one time when new entries are reviewed.
> I'll flag these for the team; we also have directory-discuss@gnu.org for
> conversation and questions.
>
> [0]: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/directory
>
> -john

I support the value of the FSF Directory, and I encourage everyone to
use existing tools otherwise to help us improve the directory.

https://alternativeto.net is the best proprietary and commercial site
I've seen and has great information. On their site "free" means gratis
and "open source" means "free/libre", so filter to "Open Source Only" to
see free/libre listings.

It's a valuable contribution to use this and other resources to discover
things but then add them to the FSF Directory to increase the value of
our directory that emphasizes the ethical values better and is itself
free/libre.

Best,
Aaron