Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GnuBee: Fully libre NAS?

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GnuBee: Fully libre NAS?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 12:17:36 +0000

Just heard back from them:

"We have already applied for the "Respects Your Freedom" certification.
There is a "binary blob" on the prototypes.
It is only for the ASM1061 PCI to SATA Bridge.
As is ... it still qualifies for "Respects Your Freedom"
Per FSF request we will be working to remove this to blob and the associated SPI-NOR Chips.
The Schematic (and the blob) is available on https://github.com/gnubee-git

Larry"

I hope it's OK I shared the message here? (really sorry if I offended anyone!) But I think it is good news that they are actively working with the FSF to get RYF certification! Let's see how we can help move this forward!