Re: [libreplanet-discuss] No more Ubuntu Phones

From: Steven Sullam
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] No more Ubuntu Phones
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:09:03 -0400

A while back, I installed the ubuntu rom on my nexus4. Other than a different aesthetic it didn't have much too offer. It was slow, and there were very few apps available for it. I suppose on the plus side, it is open source.

At libreplanet, a vendor, technoethical.com, was selling a secure open source phone with replicant installed. If you're adventurous like me, you can download and try out the replicant software yourself. http://www.replicant.us There will probably be driver problems for wifi etc, but you can play around with it, and reinstall your old rom if you have the patience for this. if you interested in this, there is a whole treasure trove of information here: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-custom-rom-android/