Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:32:51 -0300

I wouldn't say that the difference is in what the licenses provide to
"developers", because --- although I *don't want to* sound offensive ---
thinking about the "developers" here is a little too much, it's like the
"how I'll feed my children". :)

So, as far as I understand it: copyleft and so [AL]*GPL licenses, have
goals to try to ensure the four essential freedoms to the end users (no
matter if these are developers or not), and to do that they have to
limit some aspects of what the proprietor can do. So the comparison
perhaps must be done starting from a defensive position (from the end
user's side) to a liberalist one (to the side of the developer), and not
the other way around.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com