Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Community feedback is needed on whether Libreb

From: Lyberta
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Community feedback is needed on whether Libreboot should apply to re-join GNU
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 06:34:00 +0000

Leah Rowe:
> Hi,
>
> Context:
> https://libreboot.org/news/unity.html
> https://libreboot.org/news/proposal-rejoin-gnu.html
>
> Main discussion thread:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/libreboot/comments/66tdds/proposal_for_libreboo
> t_rejoin_gnu_community/
>
> Thoughts are welcomed. If the community agrees, I will begin the
> application process for Libreboot to be considered for re-entry into
> the GNU project.

As a transgender woman myself, I can understand what you were going
through and I'm glad that you've found a way out. I'd say cisgender
people have no idea what transgender person experiences throughout their
life. Coming out as transgender to myself was by far the hardest thing I
have ever done and it turned out to be only the first step and next
steps are much harder.

When Libreboot left GNU, I didn't change my views on both projects since
there were too little information to jump to conclusions. Personally, I
don't like some views of FSF. For example, the GFDL with invariant sections.

I'm glad that you have relinquished some of your duties as while reading
your site I always wonder if there are actually any other persons behind
"we".

Good luck.