[libreplanet-discuss] [A]GPL + Conditional LGPL Exception

From: Nicolás A . Ortega
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] [A]GPL + Conditional LGPL Exception
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 16:32:02 +0200

On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 11:13:58AM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> For that to work, the dual-licensing would stablish rules such that only
> the "proven to be /libre/" projects would be allowed for that
> exception. My opinion on this is that there would need to have a through
> approval process instead of simply relying on the judgement of the
> project seeking to make use of the [A]GPL'd work under the LGPL
> exception --- I think this is needed in order to really make sure that
> this new project is really standing up for the end-users, and not simply
> overlooking (or doing wrong) /copyleft/ compliance, or to make sure that
> the end result is really /libre/.

First I'll start by renaming the subject.

In any case, I believe it is quite clear if you establish that the only
circumstances under which the exception takes place is if all code
linking to it is licensed with exclusively FSF approved licenses. To me
that seems quite clear and concise.

--
Nicolás Ortega Froysa (Deathsbreed)
https://themusicinnoise.net/