Re: [libreplanet-discuss] making open hardware projects feasible

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] making open hardware projects feasible
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:42:27 -0300

Interesting questions indeed.

I must remind you the current status of China as a country which doesn't
keep the essence of the GNU GPL when works under such license go inside
the Chinese borders. This of course can perhaps only be solved
internally by the Chinese State (Voters, Powers, and Terrain). I'm in no
way saying that "every" Chinese will misregard the GNU GPL, but we
mustn't discard the possibility, and as such, if there is indeed some
negotiation involving development based in China, then it's best to make
sure that there is compliance. The lenghty discussion about this issue
can be seen at
[[https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2016-06/msg00009.html]]
and there is also [[http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=4297]] (I don't
support the recommendations made at his blog, because I don't know if
the software is free or if the hardware is friendly to free
software). However, I find the explaination in the post useful).

There is an effort from "EOMA68", the makers of Libre Tea Computer Card,
to make some of the products associated with the "EOMA68" campaign
[[https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/you-cant-bring-electronics-into-china]].
 Although
I don't know if the products which will be made there will be Libre Tea
Computer Card, or some other *"Computer Card" that they
have. Personally, currently I can only recommend Libre Tea Computer Card
because it's the one seeking RYF certification.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com