Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL or AGPL by default

From: Nicolás Ortega Froysa
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL or AGPL by default
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 20:50:59 +0200

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 06:08:00PM +0000, Lyberta wrote:
> Given how quickly SaaSS is taking over the world, should we start
> recommending releasing software under AGPL by default? Even if you wrote
> a simple thing intended to be run locally, someone may put it on the
> server, make SaaSS with it and then add private modifications.

I would certainly say that AGPL should get a lot more attention than it
has been, and should at least be presented alongside the GPLv3 whenever
possible. What's more, there must be an effort to make people aware of
the existance of the AGPL and its purpose (why it exists in the first
place and what problems it solves).

--
Nicolás Ortega Froysa
https://themusicinnoise.net/