re: Exciting new changes for the LibrePlanet Wiki (Valessio Brito)

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: re: Exciting new changes for the LibrePlanet Wiki (Valessio Brito)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 21:59:57 -0400 (EDT)

Nice job on the logo, and the first page of the site (I didn't poke further)
Thanks for the good efforts...

My biggest feeling about Wiki's is that they need HUGE improvement in the user
interface for adding / editing content...  A person wanting to do something
should not have to learn and wrestle with a bunch of arcane formatting labels
and tags - Most of us have long left the days of WordStar, and don't really
think TEK is a great way to write notes...

I am not a programmer, but see no reason why editing something in a Wiki should
be any harder than using a modern WYSIWYG word processor like in LibreOffice or
that other small orifice package... (or even most Forum software!)  Because it
is such a pain, I avoid making any sort of input into Wiki's (knowing me that
might not be such a bad thing?  ;-} )

ART

(PS - thanks for a topic that isn't related to the RMS mess!)

Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey@comcast.net>