Re: FSF/GNU future without RMS, my opinion

From: 'smee
Subject: Re: FSF/GNU future without RMS, my opinion
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 08:49:31 -0600

   On Tue, 2019-10-08 at 13:38 +0300, Sergey Matveev wrote:

     FSF and GNU can do whatever they want, but without RMS they will be
     hardly visible.

   Thanks for sharing, and I totally agree. I drop projects and companies
   that make the wrong moves, and using political correctness and public
   relations to direct a software project/movement is asinine and, the
   wrong move.

   The ideas that RMS holds (with regard to software) will survive and
   thrive, because they are common sense for people who understand
   software. And software is all we should be discussing here.

   When it comes to human rights and human dignity, let's remember that
   there are more Epsteins and Maxwells (and their clients) in the world,
   and stop worrying about policing software activists thoughts and words.