GUB with local git-repo?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: GUB with local git-repo?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 22:27:02 +0200

Hi,

as far as I understand GUB downloads the git-repository. Then `make
lilypond´ would build from master, and `make
LILYPOND_BRANCH=stable/2.20 lilypond´ would build
lilypond-version-2.20.0.

Is it possible to point GUB to a private branch of my local git-repository?
If yes, how would the command been spelled?

If it's not possible, one could make a public branch and build this
branch with GUB.
Or is there an alternative?

Background, in the german Forum there's some ongoing work to hunt down
issue 4943
It would be useful to check probably different precompiled
lilypond-versions for windows.
Here the link if you understand german:
https://lilypondforum.de/index.php/topic,489.0.html

Thanks,