Re: Add glib-2.0 and gobject-2.0 library dependency (issue 568820043 by

From: James
Subject: Re: Add glib-2.0 and gobject-2.0 library dependency (issue 568820043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:51:58 +0100

Hello Knut

On 17/06/2019 10:10, Knut Petersen wrote:
Hi James!
Although it didn't break the patch test - which would have done a new
'make' after it had been applied (after a make test-baseline had been
done). So I am guessing that the normal Patch Test Workflow does not
work for these files?
If the problem did not show up in the patch test, then there is a
problem with that patch test workflow, yes.

I am not a developer as you probably know - I'm a glorified admin person who can run a set of pre-defined steps/commands and interpret logs as required. I suppose the problem with 'ac' files being patched is that once you have built LP and run the test-baseline, you cannot re-run the autoconf set up/configure check without first having to clean your previous build which would then mean deleting your 'test-baseline' that you have just created.

I know that patching aclocal and related files is unlikely to affect the reg tests but  I am not sure if that is the case in every situation (not being a developer).

Anyway, I simply made sure that you patch changes could build, LP, the doc and make it's own test-baseline (which would at least exercise the code in terms of generating output, even if there is nothing to compare them to).

Thanks for all you do for LP.

James