Re: GUB with local git-repo?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: GUB with local git-repo?
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:43:07 +0200

Am So., 16. Juni 2019 um 17:26 Uhr schrieb Knut Petersen
<address@hidden>:

> On 16.06.19 10:34, Thomas Morley wrote:
>
> You might want to kill the git daemon after building lilypond. Or you might
> want systemd to start the git daemon whenever the machine boots.
>
> I don't know how to do any of above, could you give me some hints?
>

> Attached is a quickshot bash script gubllb.
> Execute the script with three arguments, the
> gub directory, the directory of the lilypond
> repository you want to use, and the branch
> you want to build, e.g.:
>
> gubllb /home/gub/gub  /home/gub/lily testbranch
>

> Obviously you need to make the script
> executable. You might put it somewhere
> in your path.
>
> Knut

Hi Knut,

thanks for your script, though, I can't get it work.

With debian-8 32-bit in a VB I did a fresh clone of the GUB-repo, with
a successful run of "default" 'make lilypond'
The lilypond-repo is 'lilypond-git', with a branch "dev/gub-test".
Both in home/harm
Your gubllb is in home/harm/bin/

[~]$ cd gub/
[gub (master)]$ ./../bin/gubllb ../gub ../lilypond-git dev/gub-test

Always returns:

gubllb --- GUB Local Lilypond Build
Trying to build branch 'dev/gub-test' of local lilypond repository
'../lilypond-git' with gub '../gub'
Temporary git daemon directory is ../gub/gubllb-ptQi8yuXD7
Started git daemon with PID 1199
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
Waiting for git daemon ...
ERROR: Git daemon timed out or dev/gub-test does not exist!
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec
... or kill -l [sigspec]

Not sure how to proceed. Any hint?

Thanks,
  Harm