Re: build cleanups. (issue 547690053 by address@hidden)

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: build cleanups. (issue 547690053 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 14:13:42 -0800

added

    * Remove unused GROFF and LD autoconf vars

to the commit msg.

https://codereview.appspot.com/547690053/diff/567300043/config.make.in
File config.make.in (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/547690053/diff/567300043/config.make.in#newcode48
config.make.in:48: GROFF = @GROFF@
On 2020/02/29 22:03:03, dak wrote:
> These sort of drive-by changes without any mention in commit message
or issue
> make it a bit harder to review.  I find
>
> stepmake/stepmake/documentation-rules.make:     troff -man -Tascii $<
| grotty
>
> which is awkward by not using anything actually tested for.
Nevertheless, use
> of grotty probably requires the presence of the groff package.  The
test should
> likely be better targeted than what we currently have, though.

do we use the .txt anywhere? The docker images (which don't include
groff) don't seem to fail for this.

https://codereview.appspot.com/547690053/