Re: output-distance: write HTML as UTF-8 (issue 563810043 by address@hid

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: output-distance: write HTML as UTF-8 (issue 563810043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 00:53:24 -0700

To add another data point: I'm able to reproduce the failure with a
self-compiled Python 3.5.9 that I have laying around for testing. The
reason is that the latest commit in master has a non-ASCII character in
the first line of its commit message [1]. Applying the change to
open_write_file solves the issue for me. I'm for pushing this
immediately to unblock testing.

1: As a side note, this means there's a very funny workaround: Just push
*any* commit to master with a pure ASCII description and you'll not see
the failure anymore :D

https://codereview.appspot.com/563810043/diff/545810044/scripts/build/output-distance.py
File scripts/build/output-distance.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/563810043/diff/545810044/scripts/build/output-distance.py#newcode1305
scripts/build/output-distance.py:1305: return open (x, 'w',
encoding="utf-8")
Please change to single quotes to at least conform with the style of
this function. We're doing a very bad job at this; we should likely
decide on one style and change it everywhere...

https://codereview.appspot.com/563810043/