Re: Issue #1204: Document, and add regtest for, external fonts. (issue 5

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Issue #1204: Document, and add regtest for, external fonts. (issue 557640051 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 17:18:30 +0000

On 4/19/20, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> Breaks my patchy again.  Whose patchy was comfortable moving it from
> staging to master?

Well, at any rate James’ patchy what fine with it. (As it went through
the review/countdown process not just once but twice.)

The regtest actually produces an additional PDF file that should allow
you to check manually that all temporary files have been removed.

Evidently in your case something else (but what?) gets created inside
the temporary directory, which it then can’t remove because it doesn’t
know about it. (I could issue a system call for `rm -rf`, but that
would miss the point.

I already caught one unintended side-effect which was that during make
doc, 'font-export-dir gets enabled and thus my temporary font file
gets referenced which broke make check. There may very well be another
side effect specific to either your system or your build process, but
I’d need help identifying it as I can’t seem to reproduce it myself
(obviously do feel free to revert in the meantime).

Cheers,
V.