Re: Patchy email

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 20:11:37 +0200

Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4/19/20, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You need (mkstemp! (string-copy "...
>> because mkstemp! overrides the string.
>
> Why, yes. What I want to copy is precisely the mkstemp-generated
> string. What did I miss?

mkstemp! does not generate a string.  It overwrites an existing string
in-place, and that's bad news for a literal string.

At any rate, you don't write, as the comment states, in a "tmp
directory" but rather in the current directory.  If you want a tmp
directory, you need to add it to the path.

And the .uuid file thing is a real problem with some versions of
fontconfig, so I lean to reverting the patch for now.