Frescobaldi distribution packages

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Frescobaldi distribution packages
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 15:22:51 +1000

Am I right in supposing that 2.20.0 is the now stable version? I
notice that, for example, installing Frescobaldi on OpenSuse Leap 15
installs 2.18.2 together with it. Should these system packages now use
2.20.0 instead? That would be a good way to get people off the old
versions, for those newly setting up.

How does lilypond get into distribution repositories anyway? Is there
any thing I can do to help in this regard?

It's not a big deal as it is trivial to install 2.20.0 and get
Frescobaldi to use that. But it seems to more 2.18.2 is, in a way,
deprecated, or at least not one's first choice now.