Re: Annoying 'langdefs.py' warning

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Annoying 'langdefs.py' warning
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 21:53:18 +0200

El 24/4/20 a las 17:18, Jonas Hahnfeld escribió:
However I'm pretty sure that many translations in the latter are dead:
As far as I understand we don't translate the docs by putting the
strings in Documentation/po, but rather by copying the files and
translating them below Documentation/lang.

Documentation/po/'lang'.po used to work as a way to get comments in verbatim code translated. In a certain point of time it stopped working. This is what I'd like to see improved.

Still, translations for the
footer in HTML pages appear to be used (like "Other languages:" and
"About automatic language selection"). Whoever is interested in
improving this situation is more than welcome!

Any improvements here should not prevent anyone of seeing every page in all other languages if he wants to, I think.

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es