Starting the next development cycle

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Starting the next development cycle
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:26:41 +0100

Hi all,

with 2.22.0 released, I think we shouldn't wait too long before the
first development release of 2.23. I checked GUB over the weekend and
it went through, so we should be good from that perspective.

Other than that, I can only think of the translations. The translation
branch is currently targeted towards stable/2.22 and I'd like to just
refurbish this for master (ie force-pushing all commits from current
master). All further translations for bug fix releases of 2.22.x can go
directly to stable/2.22 (you'll receive a nice email if you break the
build 😉️). Objections?
As I pulled over all translation commits during the release candidates,
I don't think we need to wait for this before having a 2.23.0; there
will be releases after that to catch up. Let's maybe target something
between 7 (as in 2.21.7) and 65 (as in 2.19.65)?

Anything else?

Jonas