Cross compile Python for Windows?

From: Russell Haley
Subject: Cross compile Python for Windows?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 22:51:29 -0800

Hi there!

TLDR: I am wandering around the world looking for mingw patches for python?

I am working with the llvm-mingw compiler toolchain project
(https://github.com/mstorsjo/llvm-mingw)  and we are trying to get the
lldb.exe/lldb-mi.exe debugger working with various IDEs on Windows. We are in
desperate need of libpython with the extensions built in
(https://github.com/mstorsjo/llvm-mingw/issues/73 ). The llvm-mingw package is
cross compiled in a *nix environment (Linux and FreeBSD mostly). What we have
found is trying to cross compile Python with mingw is a bit of a minefield.

In my pursuit, I was checking the Python issue tracker when I came across a
very old but very helpful offer of mingw patches:
https://bugs.python.org/issue1597850

I was wondering if those patches exist for a current implementation of python
3? Anything you could offer or suggest would be helpful?  I’ll pull down your
source files on the weekend, but I thought I would ask on the mailing list.

Thank you,
Russell Haley

Sent from Mail for Windows 10