Darwin 64 questions

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Darwin 64 questions
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 22:29:07 +0100

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the available "old" LilyPond versions for Darwin
64.
AFAIK, there are three choices:

A) The unofficial builds on GitLab:
https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/-/releases
B) The MacPorts builds
C) The Homebrew builds

I don't have a macOS, so here are my questions:

1) Why does the official LilyPond website not mention the GitLab unofficial
builds anymore?
I assume that this is due to the fact that MacPorts and Homebrew already
provide these builds, but it would be good to have a way to download these
binaries as compressed archives. Or maybe the unofficial builds are
somewhat unstable?

2) IIUC, MacPorts provides two builds: 2.22.0 and 2.24.0, and Homebrew
provides only 2.24.0: is this true or are there other versions to download?

3) I need to test 2.22.0 with GitHub's CI workflow. However, GitHub doesn't
provide MacPorts for installing software (it only supports Homebrew), nor I
have a corresponding archive that I could download and decompress with a
command line: therefore I'm stuck... Any idea of how to solve this?

4) What about 64 bit binary builds for versions different than 1.19.83,
2.22.0 and 2.24.0? Are they available somewhere?

Thanks!
Paolo