Re: Shorthand for \repeat unfold for individual notes

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Shorthand for \repeat unfold for individual notes
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 17:07:39 -0700

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 5:02 PM Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> wrote:

> Well, blame my email program, as it truncated my original post.  I had
> intended to fully call out that ** is exponentiation in some language,
> thus might not be the best symbol.
>
> But this discussion is quickly devolving into needless dissection of
> details.  If you object at the high-level, let us not waste time at the
> low-level.

I don't object at the high level of reducing the verbosity of "\repeat
unfold" .  It is so cumbersome that I only use it if I have a longish
musical phrase to repeat.

My objection is that "**" is too close to "*" and could lead to more
confusion.

As I said earlier, if we can avoid the potential confusion, I can see it
being a valuable construct.

Thanks,

Carl