Re: dowloading git-cl, connection timed out

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: dowloading git-cl, connection timed out
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 18:50:50 +0200

Hi,

Gérard, welcome to the list.

Le dimanche 10 septembre 2023 à 21:47 +0200, pubabhervegueguen@free.fr a écrit :

> Thank you David for your answer.
>
> git-cl is part of setup.sh I downloaded on 2023-08-17 from
> LilyDev-2-debian-vm.zip.
>
> Should I have downloaded instead Lilydev 3, and are there precise
> instructions of how to use it, maybe with Docker?

Yes, LilyDev 2 is outdated at this point. We'd need to update
the CG.

More generally, I am not sure that LilyDev is actually the
easiest way to get a LilyPond development environment now,
given how easy Microsoft has made it to get Linux on Windows
machines these days, with WSL. Judging from
https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/issues/35#issuecomment-1295472993
I wonder if we should simply retire it and focus on making
the CG contain reliable instructions to set up a pristine install
of the latest Ubuntu version.

I mean, I do see that Dan and Jason have kept it working lately.
Still, a lot of stuff in there looks outdated, and it largely
duplicates the CG (plus the CI setup).

Best,
Jean