Re: How some "Joe Users" perceive LilyPond installation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How some "Joe Users" perceive LilyPond installation
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2023 13:02:53 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:

>> Below is the copy of a discussion on the LilyPond Facebook group
>> that I found interesting.  Just food for thought.  [...]
>
> Thanks, Jean.  I was almost tempted to answer on Facebook some hours
> ago, but I refrained because my answer would not have being useful in
> any way :-) Let's just conclude that there is going to be one more
> happy Dorico user.
>
> What you have already implemented in Frescobaldi, i.e., an
> auto-installer for LilyPond, is the way to go, I believe.  BTW, can
> you estimate a release date of Frescobaldi that has this new feature?

Well, there always is the question of how happy people will be with
having to write a wall of text to represent their music when they are
not open to dealing with writing stuff for installation.  But this
particular person mentioned having installed LilyPond 10 years ago.

Feels like Carl Benz complaining about stick shift: just makes you
question your customer model.