Re: unwanted randomness while generating LilyPond output

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: unwanted randomness while generating LilyPond output
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:28:14 +0100

Hello Werner,
thanks for your reply!

Just to make sure we're on the same page: You don't assume that there is
variability across
different runs of the same LilyPond build on the same machine? (Aka some
kind of "non-deterministic behaviour")
That would be my understanding of "randomness", which I find a bit of a
misleading term here.

FWIW, I can confirm that 100 subsequent runs of `lilypond --eps
input.ly` on my machine
produce exactly bit-identical eps files.

Carl and Werner, could you please:

* patch scm/framework-ps.scm with the attached patch (go to the
directory where framework-ps.scm resides
and run `patch < epsdebug.patch`)

(Does not have to be in the source tree, you can also do a backup of
framework-ps.scm and patch your working installation)

This patch will print the page stencils as pretty-printed scheme code to
stdout, while
normal messages go to stderr.

* run `lilypond --eps input.ly > epsdebug.log`

* send me the resulting log files

Michael