Music property articulations

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Music property articulations
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 10:20:48 +0200

Hey all,

I am trying to add articulations to my music braille generator. As stated before, I am using the event listening system proposed by the "event-listener.ly" example.

Browsing through the documentation, I found the music property articulations on https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/internals/music-properties, where the description suggests that it contains the articulations for this note. However, it looks like this list is always empty. I tried to get the property value of that event when the event is broadcasted, and also in the finalize stage of the staff, but in both cases, the property is an empty list.

What I want to achieve is that I can attach an articulation to a note, even though currently in the event system they are broadcasted at a different stage. I suspect that simply have the identical voice context plus 'moment should be enough to combine them, but having all the articulations to a note as a property on that note event would save me a bit of time.

cheers

Maurits