question about frescobaldi/python-ly

From: begum onal
Subject: question about frescobaldi/python-ly
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 14:34:14 +0300

Dear community,
My name is Begüm Önal, I also wrote to the Frescobaldi mailing list about
this topic, and I apologize if this group is not intended for Frescobaldi
issues. I intend to contribute to frescobaldi/python-ly. My goal is to fix
the issue about chord names when exporting to MusicXML.

When lilypond note is exported to MusicXML chord names do not show up. I
have been examining the source code. I think implementation of item.py
classes to lymus2musxml.py parsesource causes the problem.

I have problem understanding the concept of the chord classes in the
items.py. The code is totally understandable and clean even so it is my
first open source project, i think thats why i am struggling.

Can you explain to me how do these classes in music/items.py work with each
other : ChordSpecifier, ChordItem, ChordMode and Chord

And can you tell if you think i am right about what causes the problem?

Thank you for your time and help :)