Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso con

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 16:41:14 +0100

Ziad Gholam <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello, to all the lilyponders !
>

> Sorry if the issue have already been delt with...
>
> I am working on a music score for SATB & basso continuo (figured bass) :
> I would like to enforce LilyPond to increase the gap (or spacing) between
> the SATB voices and the basso continuo staff ...
> I think that the spacing should be at least twice the one the separate two
> successive voices, is it possible to do so ?
>

> Nota Bene :
> I am still using version 2.18 as the official lilypond site declares
> that 2.19 is still "unstable" ...
> So, until the next stable version 2.20 is ready to be launched, I prefer to
> "abide the rules" edicted by LP !

The versions after 2.19.80 have been prereleases from the stable branch.
2.19.84 is the last prerelease.  If people don't use and test it and
report back problems, 2.20.0 will not be one iota more stable than
2.19.84.  There is no magic process by which untested software becomes
more stable, given enough time.

--
David Kastrup
My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating