Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.1.3

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.1.3
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 23:22:19 +0100

Dear friends,

Il giorno sab 26 dic 2020 alle ore 14:08 Wilbert Berendsen
<wb@xs4all.nl> ha scritto:
> The source tarball is uploaded, packaged releases will probably follow
> soon.

the prebuilt application bundle for macOS can be found at
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/releases
It should run on macOS 10.11-10.15 and I expect it to run also on
macOS 11, although I have no way to test it.
If you are running macOS 11, I would be grateful if you could test the
application and report the results.
As with the previous versions, the prebuilt application is still
lacking the Documentation Browser and the SVG View (more details in
the release page).

Frescobaldi can be installed also with MacPorts, resulting in a fully
functional application (including the Documentation Browser and the
SVG View) on macOS 10.11, 10.14 and 10.15.
It can be installed also on macOS 10.13, provided that Xcode 10
(instead of Xcode 9) is installed.
On macOS 10.12 the installation fails, but I can give instructions to
make it succeed resulting in an application lacking the Documentation
Browser and the SVG View.
On macOS 11 on the x86_64 architecture the installation fails, but I
can give instructions to make it succeed resulting in an application
lacking MIDI support.
On macOS 11 on the arm64 architecture the installation fails due to a
possible bug in MacPorts and I currently have no solution.

I will update the Homebrew cask for Frescobaldi shortly.
The cask installs the prebuilt application mentioned above, so it
lacks the Documentation Browser and the SVG View.
I plan to turn Frescobaldi into a Homebrew formula again, so that it
results in the fully functional application.
I will need help in doing this and I will write about it soon in a
separate thread.

Best wishes of a happy new year!
Davide