Re: arranger.ly and lilypond 2.21+: error with the \note markup command

From: Gilles Thibault
Subject: Re: arranger.ly and lilypond 2.21+: error with the \note markup command
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 00:43:19 +0100

Le 2021-01-15 23:26, Stefano Troncaro a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I started learning to use the spectacular arranger.ly library
<https://github.com/gilles-th/arranger.ly> that was mentioned in the list a
while ago.

While most of it works great, I found that internally it sometimes uses the \note markup command, that changed between versions: in 2.20 it requires an argument of type string, while from 2.21 onwards it requires an argument of
type duration. This causes an error and makes it so that files that use
arranger.ly do not compile on Lilypond 2.21 onwards.

I'm sure it'd be easy to patch. Is there an easy way to transform strings
into durations?

Sorry to answer so late and thank you for your message.
I am still in Lilypond 2.20, but i have pushed an update of arranger.ly which doesn't use the function \note anymore. So it should work both in 2.20 and 2.22

Github
https://github.com/gilles-th/arranger.ly

Direct access :
http://gillesth.free.fr/Lilypond/arranger-GIT-copy/arranger.ly.zip