Issues when setting the staff size for a single staff

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Issues when setting the staff size for a single staff
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 18:37:00 +0100

(cross-posting this, because I don't know if it's more appropriate for the user or for the devel ml)
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing issues with the magnification of single staves.
In the following snippet, if I modify the line with:

# (set-global-staff-size 10)

with

\new Staff \with { \magnifyStaff #1/2 }

AFAIK, the output should be the same, and instead I find the tweaked objects misplaced.

Is there any error in my snippet or are they bugs? In case of bugs, is there any trace of them?

In this post I also attach a LibreOffice table with the test results, for various versions of Lilypond (2.19.84, 2.20.0, 2.22.0, 2.23.0)

Thanks for your feedback!

This looks related to https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6054. You could add information from your research there.

Best,
Jean