Re: last bar \sustainOff

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: last bar \sustainOff
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 15:19:00 +0100 (CET)

Hi again,

To answer my own question: Something like

{
  << { c1 } \\ { s2.\sustainOn s4\sustainOff } >>
  \bar "|."
}

seems to do the trick for me.

--

MT

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Hi,

This probably is a dumb question, but I can't find the answer for this simple case. How do you put a \sustainOff at the end of a last bar that ends with one long note?

{
  c1\sustainOn
  \bar "|."
}

If I use Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket or #'mixed the bracket is automatically terminated at the end of the bar. But I want an old fashioned Ped with an asterisk near the end of the bar.