lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] STM32, FreeRTOS and lwIP - Timeout problems

From: Thomas Kølbæk Jespersen
Subject: [lwip-devel] STM32, FreeRTOS and lwIP - Timeout problems
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 22:59:23 +0100

Hi.
I have been trying hard to get my FreeRTOS v7.3.0 system working together with lwIP v1.4.1 and I have sucessfully managed to get connection and DHCP.
But when I try to use sockets it only works sometimes.

Most of the times it takes long, trying to connect, and then it times out.

I have been trying almost everything from changing the Heap Size, changing the TCP-IP stack and priority.
But as I don't know that much about RTOS yet, I am unsure if the problem might have something to do with interrupt priority of the Ethernet layer.

I don't know if the NVIC IRQ Priority of the Ethernet HAL should be set lower or higher.
I have been trying with "NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelPreemptionPriority = 2;" as it was how it was in the example STM32 Ethernet port.

Have any of you experienced the same type of timeouts or VERY slow response?

Thanks a lot.

Regards Thomas