lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp client build up the connection slowly with the server

From: koszo.simon
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp client build up the connection slowly with the server
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 07:19:50 -0700 (MST)

I created my own http client based on the example which is in the answer of
this question:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26192758/how-can-i-send-a-simple-http-request-with-a-lwip-stack

It works well, however I am not satisfied with the speed of the building up
of the tcp connection. I printed out the value of a millisecond counter when
the tcp_setup() function was called and when the connectCallback() function
was called. The difference between the values are usually around 280 ms
which is much bigger than I expected (less then 50 ms).

What do you think? Is my expactation unrealistic? Or: Is there some problem
with the network/server/lwip?

I have tried to connect to three different servers running on different
computers in the network, but the statistisc were the same. So I firstly
suspect lwip...

Do you have any idea what I should check in my lwipopts.h file (or somewhere
else)?