lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Basic user

From: calcmandan
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Basic user
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:20:50 -0700

Hey folks,

I wanted to introduce myself as a user of lynx. It's been on-again and
off-again but lately I've been focusing entirely on adapting my web use to
simpler, controllable interfaces. Lynx has been
fun to learn on a day-to-day basis. It will not satisfy all my needs but, for
95% of what I do, it may be doable.

My life would ultimately become a hybrid of the modern and the not-so-modern.
For instance, I have a full breadth of servers on a rack in my den powering my
online life. Not counting the BBS I'm
emailing from, my day-to-day email service is hosted from my house. My cloud
services and music/media streaming services, as well. Have a firewall/web
filter/snort box/dns server as my point of
entry, as well as a few server boxes hosted for my brother.

I have two pine64 rigs that I just acquired that will serve as a ssh jump
server and the other a dev box for the commodore 64. A raspberry pi wjill be a
pi-hole eventually. On the computer side,
I have a retired Core I7 (1st gen) laptop that's collecting dust and a retired
corporate workstation that I bought for workstation grade computing. My daily
user is a samsung galaxy tab s5e that
I use to plan flights and navigate while flying. It's also my main bbs'ing
device and ssh. Then, of course, there's the c64 serving as my eventual daily
device.

I am not visually impaired, but the interface of lynx is up my alley. I will be
posting questions on here from time-to-time if help is needed.

Good meeting yall.

Daniel Traechin