lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese line wrap patch for UTF-8 terminal

From: KIHARA Hideto
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese line wrap patch for UTF-8 terminal
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 13:15:49 +0900

> Does Lynx still add a space wherever there is a line break in the
> text?

Yes. My Japanese line wrap patch does not change this behavior.

> is rendered as JJJJJJ[space]JJJJJJ[space]JJJJJJ,
> but I hope for JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ, i.e., continuous  text without spaces.

I wrote an additional patch to avoid adding spaces
when joining lines after Japanese characters.

But the patch has some issues
if display_charset is not UTF-8 (EUC-JP or Shift_JIS):
  (1) Space is still added for some Kanji characters
      if document_charset is Shift_JIS.
  (2) Space is still added for all Kanji characters
      if document_charset is ISO-20220-JP.

display_charset |           document_charset               |
                | UTF-8 | EUC-JP | Shift_JIS | ISO-2022-JP |
UTF-8           | Good  |  Good  |   Good    |    Good     |
EUC-JP          | Good  |  Good  |   (1)     |    (2)      |
Shift_JIS       | (not tested. probably same as EUC-JP display_charset)