lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx blinking after terminal window resizing

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx blinking after terminal window resizing
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 19:36:42 -0400

On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 03:48:54PM -0700, Name Same wrote:
> Hi, did this make it into the fixes? I get the same behavior inside tmux
> which is linked to ncurses. I don't see the flicker in terminal if I use it
> outside tmux (like directly in WezTerm).

I've been too busy with other programs; this is still on my to-do list.
(I recall a suggested fix which didn't appear to be correct).

> Also as a side note, I don't see lynx reflow the paragraphs when winch
> arrives, even if NONRESTARTING_SIGWINCH:TRUE is set. links and elinks both
> reflow. Is there a good reason to not support winches? Thanks, Robin

As lynx is set up, doing that would act like a refresh (re-reading the
source), which would be poor performance.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net