lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] directv blocking lynx

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] directv blocking lynx
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2024 03:11:01 -0400

On Sun, Jul 07, 2024 at 03:54:26PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Is there a limit to how long a user agent string can be in lynx?
> Kare

There is probably a limit, but I haven't run into it if there is.
I have shell aliases that each start lynx with a different useragent,
and two of them are 140 characters long.  Those are taken from Firefox
on Android and Firefox on IOS.  Another, from Safari on IOS, is 138
characters, and one from Chrome on Android is 137 characters.

Chuck