m4-discuss

RE: m4 patch requests

From: Mike Fulton
Subject: RE: m4 patch requests
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 04:46:59 +0000

Hi

It does build and run from the tarball, but not yet from ‘git’. I have a few patches I am applying locally to have it build and run.

If I need to have it build with my patches from ‘git’ dev line first, then I can do that – I wasn’t sure if tarball patches were accepted.

The patches I am interested in working with someone to get applied are under:

https://github.com/ZOSOpenTools/m4port/tree/main/tarball-patches

I don’t expect the ‘PR1’ patches to get upstreamed – those are mostly issues with the z/OS runtime and the header files.

Each directory has a README.md file that provides a summary of the changes I needed to make.

There are currently 4 failures I have left to fix in the test bucket for the tarball build.

Thanks, Mike

On 12/23/22 9: 29 PM, Mike Fulton wrote: One clarification I forgot to mention – these changes are to get m4 to build on z/OS. m4 must already build on z/OS .. . there's all that Gnu stuff there .. . it couldn't configure without m4. -- Jack J.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

--
Jack J. Woehr     # Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards
www.well.com/~jax # for they are subtle and quick to anger.