mailman

Re: gmail addresses disabled from GNU Octave mailing lists

From: Karl Berry
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 15:18:55 -0600

Hi John,

On https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/help-octave/privacy/sender,
change dmarc_moderation_policy to Munge From. Ditto for other lists.

Some domains are so restrictive with their address@hidden dmarc policies that
even that will not suffice, but it is the best available.

Unfortunately mailman does not provide a way for list admins to reenable
people disabled due to bounces, but I think I could write a script to do
it, since it seems it would be pretty onerous to do in the case of the
1000+ member help-octave list. Let me know.

It can't be solved or even ameliorated globally without incurring other
problems :(. --best, karl.