mailman

Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Mailman generates invalid From headers

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Mailman generates invalid From headers
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:52:58 -0500

I've deployed a fix. This is actually a bug in our exim configuration,
it tries to duplicate how mailman rewrites headers, because mailman is
not smart enough to rewrite only when needed due to dmarc.

Reply-to should now keep the original encoding.

The rewriting of from: before it tried to do

"Joe Shmoe" joe@a.org -> "Joe Shmoe" via somelist

joe@a.org -> joe--- via somelist

Now, it just does joe--- via somelist in both cases.

I haven't tested the change because relatively confident in the change,
so please let me know right away if you see something broken. In fact,
if its majorly broken, call or text me from the phones file.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF