Re: Compile warning fixes

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Compile warning fixes
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:27:56 -0500

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg>   * arscan.c: Change "while(1)" to "for(;;)" to correct "condition
  jg>   expression is constant warning. (line 425)

I don't like these.  To my mind "while (1)" is much more readable than

I'll look at the rest of these.

  jg>   * glob/fnmatch.c: fnmatch() change "const" to "__const" to match

  jg>   * glob/fnmatch.h: Check HAVE_FNMATCH and give an error if this file

  jg>   * glob/glob.c: Check HAVE_FNMATCH to ensure that the correct header

The glob code is actually taken from the GLIBC library, so we have to be
careful about updates there so we don't introduce incompabilities.  I'll
check it out.