Re: CMD.EXE support

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: CMD.EXE support
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:24:28 -0500

%% David Baird <address@hidden> writes:

  db> I wonder if there is any money in supporting GNU Make, or any
  db> interest on in the GNU community to find commercial support for
  db> GNU Make.

I'm not sure how one would "find" commercial support.  Companies like
ActiveState typically make a business decision on their own.  Certainly
the FSF wouldn't compensate anyone for working on the Windows port (or,
likely, any other port), so companies need to justify that work on its
own merits.

Obviously anyone is free to charge for support, services, binaries,
etc. for GNU make as long as they comply with the terms of the GPL.